Friday, December 3, 2010

French Fridays With Dorie- Daube!

I missed two weeks of French Fridays with Dorie. Thanksgiving just got in the way and made everything difficult. But, I was cooking from the book-- just not the recipes assigned and I did not get on here to blog about the food. Major food blog fail. But, I made the Cauliflower Gratin (yum!), the chocolate mousse (yum!!!), and the mustard batons (easy, yum!). I will get myself together and post about all of those soon. But for today, My Go-To Beef Daube is up. It is just getting a little cool in Dallas, finally, and I have been dying to make something meaty and stewy for a few weeks.

How could this not be good? -- the meat is browned in bacon fat... and then braised in wine for 2.5 hours with the bacon. We ate this with mashed potatoes and were very very happy. I am already looking forward to the leftovers! This will be a go to recipe for me from now on.

No pictures this week. I got a new camera and have not figured out the camera computer hook up quite yet. Next week, potato and leek soup!!

2 comments:

  1. I can relate1 I am still learning my camera that I got in September:)
    But I am sure that the daube was delicious:)
    Lana

    ReplyDelete