Friday, October 1, 2010

French Fridays with Dorie!

Yes! It is October and it is time for French Fridays with Dorie. I got her new book Around My French Table a few weeks ago and have been reading it like a novel ever since. It is fantastic!

So, here we go! The first recipe we are making is Gougeres. These are already a favorite in our household and I usually use the Julia Child recipe from The Way to Cook (these are fantastic, as well). I am too lazy to pull out Julia's book to compare the recipes but they are very similar for sure. I halved Dorie's recipe which was stupid because I should have just made them all and froze half, but that will be just one of the many many stupid things I do over the course of this little project. Anyways, they were fabulous and you should make them right now.

And here they are:



The rest of the menu was Ina Garten with a little Smitten Kitchen thrown in. Scalloped tomatoes with croutons by Ina via Smitten Kitchen and turkey meatloaf from The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook. And chocolate pudding pie also from Smitten Kitchen. Yum!

Oh, and Dorie actually picked the recipes we are making for the month of October and one of them is Hachis Parmentier-- which is a meal that Dorie says Daniel Boulud is a fan of! And I am a huge fan of Mr. Boulud! Umm, excited!

5 comments:

  1. How exciting! Your first post ever?! You did awesome! And yoru gougeres look awesome. Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging! Your gougeres look great and the entire menu sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way your menu for dinner sounded, you so belong here blogging away, sharing all your wonderful food thoughts with the rest of us! Welcome to blogging and your gougeres look golden and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for your comments! I am really excited to start blogging. I spend a large part of my day reading food blogs so I figured it was time to get involved!

    I am working on a much more interesting name for my blog-- can I change the name now that I have started? So much to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, welcome to the addictive world of blogging.

    ReplyDelete